[Lab] Familiar with virtual office telephony options?

Michael Lechasseur mlecha at artengine.ca
Thu Sep 18 09:34:21 EDT 2014

Hi Roman and all who took the time to reply,

Just a quick update on the project, I decided to go with www.voip.ms.
Their pricing is extremely inexpensive and the quality seems very good.
I've got 13ms latency to their Toronto servers, 21ms to Montréal. Their
web interface is not fancy but useable. You can create an account for
free to check that out. Free calling to extensions works and sounds great.

I've picked up some SNOM 715 phones. They're new with the main features
over others being a USB interface so you can choose your own bluetooth
headset and Gigabit ethernet, backlit display, and manages 4 identities.
http://www.snom.com/en/products/snom-advanced-line/snom-715/

I paid $127 a phone from Gentek and received product the next day.

Bell's Single Number Reach (SNR) was a serious contender, but lost out
due to cost and having to download the cost of phones to employees and
associate the main line with a Bell phone (but could have been a cell
phone).

Still to find out how easily Bell lets voip.ms port our numbers.

Michael