[Lab] hardwood inlay finish.

Adrian Jones adrian at woodsgood.ca
Wed Oct 22 13:23:25 EDT 2014

Michael,
Yep... Danish oil typically contains 1/3 varnish, 1/3 oil and 1/3 mineral spirits and so is slightly more runny than others. However, don't think you will get a hard finish from this... That's the point! Hard surface finishes (like regular and spar varnishes) are prone to chipping and fading and generally hard to repair. Don't even think of getting the moisture ring from under the finish if you accidentally put something hot on the surface.
I do use Minwax products and have only heard good things about the quality. Additionally, some of their products come in smaller tins so may be more affordable.
So, oil and wax - durable, repairable and beautiful finish. Minwax or Danish Oil... take your pick.

More choice is a good thing!

Many thanks,

.... Adrian