[Lab] looking for microcontroller wifi module

Mike Sorensen machineshopmike at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 14:44:19 EDT 2014

Hello, I don't know if this has been asked as i've been away from the group
for a long time. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with wifi
modules for use with microcontrollers such as arduino? I am looking for
something like the RN XV as seen here:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11048
Ideally one that can use an external antenna (u.fl or sma connector) and
can work to stream data to ipad with no internet connection. Just wondering
how easy these types of modules are to configure.

- Mike