[Lab] seeking feedback on a laser cutting project

Olaf Baumann olaf.baumann at pobox.com
Thu Oct 16 07:56:40 EDT 2014

Thanks for the advice.  I'll measure the height of ten forks and see if
I've allowed too much clearance.  I'll transfer any extra space to the
lower misc. storage area.

Good idea on lowering the cutaway.  I'll prototype something by hand to
ensure I get a good grip on the 'last clean spoon'.

Last night I came across a thingaverse object (
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36085) for aligning the utensils....might
have to incorporate something similar.

I'll read your tool-chains page, I hadn't noticed it before.  I've got to
say that SketchUp takes some dedication to feel comfortable with, but as
far as CAD goes, it's probably more approachable than other tools.

thank you for the feedback,
Olaf