[Lab] seeking feedback on a laser cutting project

Olaf Baumann olaf.baumann at pobox.com
Wed Oct 15 19:58:59 EDT 2014

I've finally made the time to complete my custom two-level cutlery drawer.
I've used SketchUp to design it and now I'm looking for any feedback before
I start cutting.

There are two files in the following Google Drive link.  One assembled and
one exploded.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B77pQ72IiNVhQmZjZ1Z0b3Etalk&usp=sharing

I'm not sure how to get this design into a format suitable for the laser
cutter.  I've found a SketchUp plugin from Flights of Ideas (
https://code.google.com/p/sketchup-svg-outline-plugin/) that promises to
convert SketchUp faces into SVG.  Any other suggestions?

cheers,
Olaf