[Lab] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: ESP8266 Issues

Ken McKinnon klmckinnon at rogers.com
Tue Nov 25 17:45:45 EST 2014

Good point on the power limits with US sensors, however it would only
need to be triggered a few times a day, so stay in sleep mode for most
of the time, trigger a few times to average, log and snooze.
Or you could use one of these
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8958
IR range sensor, good for about 1.5 m at just a small amount of current
(think about 20 ma in operation).  Although the Adrian didn't indicate
the range he was expecting to cover....

Ken