[Lab] now about Pi courses was Re: LF Used Raspberry Pi's

Justin Slootsky justin at slootsky.org
Fri May 30 09:39:51 EDT 2014

There is also a 5 week course from Oracle on programming with Java on the Pi that starts TODAY

I'm enrolled, and if others wanted to do homework/troubleshoot on Wednesday evenings, that could be cool.

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=44785:145:0::::P145_EVENT_ID,P145_PREV_PAGE:1841,143

This course introduces Java developers to the world of embedded devices and the Internet of Things (IoT). Embedded controllers are already a part of our lives. Meters read electric and water usage and send the readings to a central office. Electronic thermostats turn on the heat and air conditioning as required.
Java Embedded leverages your experience with Java to open the world of the Internet of Things by providing direct access to electronic sensors and mechanical devices.