[Lab] Arduino Courses, another perspective

Aurelius R maxrowsell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 15:26:19 EDT 2014

Thanks for the feedback Bob, what you mentioned is what I do every day. I
had to learn the hard way about reading datasheets. At first they seem
overwhelming, but once you know what to look for they're incredibly useful
pieces of information.

I was thinking of doing part of the workshop on serial protocols, a very
key part of what you were talking about. Sensors (at least most modern
ones) are either in IC or TO-92 packages, and they almost always use SPI,
I2C or 1-Wire interfaces, all of which are different and require some
practice.

Also, breadboarding a project and having someone to walk you through it,
explaining why every step matters, can really help.
However, as you mentioned, the code is important as well. I'm intimately
familiar with AVR-C and how to use ATmega/ATtiny micros. I only just got
into Arduino recently, after spending a lot of time coding exclusively in
C, so I tend to blend the two together to get quick, but powerful results.

What were you envisioning specifically?

Thanks again for the ideas!

Alexander Max Rowsell
Frozen Electronics