[Lab] Stinky hot ends

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Thu Mar 6 09:53:22 EST 2014

Yes, I've found this to be normal for completely new components. There are often greases, oils and other volatiles used in the manufacturing and assembly process that take time to work thru and burn out of the extrusion path.

For nozzles, keep an eye open for clogs. Sometimes it's non-thermal plastic "fuzz" that bungs things up. Other times it's little pieces of metal left over from machining them.

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone