[Lab] PCB Assembly Companies

Joseph Michael Sleiman jslei033 at uottawa.ca
Mon Jun 30 00:23:35 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

I need to have a 10cm x 10cm, 2 layer, board made and assembled.

I would do this by hand, but there are at least 128 SMD/SMT components to
solder (all on one side). Does anyone have recommendations for a shop that
can do this? I would do them myself, but I don't have the tools or the
skills required (they're just 1206 SMD LED).

I was hoping Seeed would do them, but they refused to allow any external
components during the assembly phase. All the places I'm finding assemble
in USA/Canada and want >$500+ to assemble this, which is outrageous if
that's my only option.

Ideally I'd want a place to manufacture and assemble. I'd settle for a
place I'd send the boards to and have them assemble (isn't this all done
via machines/robots now?). I'd equally settle on paying someone locally to
do it, but I can't afford to pay you much (I'm just a student and this
isn't a for-profit project).

So... Any suggestions? :(