[Lab] Gameboy refurb?

Jason Arnold arnold.jason at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:01:17 EDT 2014

To the electronics gurus out there, I have a non-operation original
Nintendo Gameboy (the DMG-001 from 1989) that I scored off of eBay which
I'll bringing to ModLab tonight. I'm looking to possibly refurb it; I've
popped it apart and there's some clues as to why it was "for parts". I was
hoping someone could help me dig a little deeper :)

Does anyone happen to have one of those multi-DC switchable plug jobbies
like this: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1448 ? I need a 6V (5V will
do) 3.5mm barrel plug to run this piece of work without batteries.

*Jason*