[Lab] Shave a Maker

Jason Arnold arnold.jason at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:07:44 EDT 2014

Hello all,

As some of you may have noticed, I have lots of hair (maybe not on top, but
it is indisputably long). I've been growing it out with the goal of
donating it for the Cancer Society as thanks for their help with someone
near and dear to me: my sister, who, while she lost her hair to
chemotherapy, ultimately won the war and has been cancer-free for over 10
years now. Amongst many things, they gave her hair when she had none, so I
wanna give some back while I still have it to give :D

So, why am I telling you all this? Well, while I'm prepared to go it alone
and fundraise as well as make my hair donation as an individual, as the
saying goes: there's strength in numbers, so I'm putting this call out to
you, my fellow Makers, to team up with me. I know the spirit's out there; a
couple of Makers in our ranks - namely, Britta and Doug - have already
donated their hair within the past year, but even if you don't have enough
hair to donate, we can still join forces. Back in 2007, I was part of a
"Shave a Nerd" campaign where we only had one hair donor among us, but the
other dozen or so on the team joined in on the fundraising and had our
heads shaved in solidarity. I'm aiming to do something like that for
artengine. It's fun, it's for a good cause and it's a chance to garner some
free publicity of sorts for our humble Makerspace. I'm open to suggestions
on the Team name, but "Maker Haire" feels right. I haven't put together a
team page or registered anything yet; I wanted to put this out there as a
feeler before I took that next step. So, who's with me?

*Jason*

[image: Images intégrées 2]
​