[Lab] Modlab Library

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:21:47 EDT 2014

   Interesting discovery:

   The uOttawa library has a digital copy of "Making Things Talk", and many
other OReilly books listed in it's catalogue. It turns out you don't need
to be logged in as a student to access the books - the "library card" links
directly to the full text of the book on the Safari/ProQuest website, and
the university automagically logs you in with their credentials.

   Here's the "card catalogue" entry for the digital copy of "Making Things
Talk":

http://primo-standard-lb.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/dlDisplay.do?vid=UOTTAWA&afterPDS=true&institution=UOTTAWA&docId=dedupmrg174446417

    Click "*Online Access*" - then "*Fulltext Available via*"

   If you're an extra sneaky lawbreaker - the university has printing
rights to most of the books. *In theory*, you could print to PDF and have a
permanent copy on your desktop. But I would never ever condone doing that.

   -Jason Cobill