[Lab] Ottawa Arduino Challenge Prizes and Stuff

Darcy Whyte darcy at inventorArtist.com
Tue Jul 8 11:42:36 EDT 2014

Okay so the voting for the prizes ends July 10th. So I guess I'll take the
tallies as of the close of that day (midnight).
http://inventorartist.com/oac/

I am amazed by the creativity that has come forward. And the attendance of
the Arduino meetups has been a total party.

If my project wins anything (http://inventorartist.com/rolly-bot/) I'm
going to decline the prize so it will go to the next person. Not that I
don't want the stuff but I'm involved with organizing.

Rollybot has rough wiring now so I might have something running today or
tomorrow. The whole servo hack thing worked out really well.

There are 11 projects that have accrued votes so far. There are 5 prizes
so.. odds are like 50:50.

I'm going to leave the contest page up as a reference to all the
projects.That way people can continue with their project and compare notes
even after the prizes are awarded. I'm going to invite others to host such
contests too so perhaps that sensor comes up again (or you can resubmit
your project otherwise). Don't forget there are other contests running so
you can re-factor your projects for them.

Also I may do a blurb for each project. Actually, if participants want
(weather or not they got a chance to post their project) feel free to send
me some comments about your project. What is your biggest challenge?

--
Darcy Whyte

Art+ inventorArtist.com <http://inventorartist.com/> | Aviation
rubber-power.com
Contact: darcy at inventorArtist.com | 613-563-3634 by appointment (no text)