[Lab] 3d printing in general

aaron at ottawarobotics.org aaron at ottawarobotics.org
Mon Jan 20 16:17:28 EST 2014

I had a Prusa V1 for a couple of years and sold it this summer (bearing
little resemblance to the original design by that point). I've had a
Printrbot Jr. for a year and a half. I've got a customized OB1.4
(redesigned for 10mm smooth rod everywhere and dual bowden cables). I've
also got a SmartRap underway... all printed and just waiting for me to
get back to wiring it.

Beyond that, in terms of specialized equipment, I've also got a Taig
CNC machine, a manual Taig lathe, a K40-III 40W laser cutter and a Puhui
T-962A reflow oven. Oh, and an eggbot which needs some loving before
Easter. ;-)

Sort of a self-contained makerlab in my basement. I don't get a chance
to make it into the Art Engine lab and meetings very often unfortunately
though as I do some volunteer work with kids on Wednesdays though. I
found that I ended up playing around with my own designs late at night
when it was easier to just start getting my own equipment.

Aaron