[Lab] Mt Gox bitcoin purchas

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 12:22:56 EST 2014

>From what I understand (and I agree, it is heavy rumor/hearsay at this
point) they are referring to balances people held at mtgox (which is
different than volume).

When you deposit funds and hold it in your account, to facilitate trades.

So even though their volume was say 90k, the collective balances of all
their users deposits may have been 1M

The implication is that through some kind of security breach (not in
bitcoin itself, but of the mtgox server infrastructure) 750K of those
account holdings have gone missing.

This is the equivalent of a bank going down and checking their vault to
find that 75% of their customer's money is gone.

Again, that is all supposing that this "leak" is legit...

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Kirk Sutherland <kirk.sutherland at gmail.com