[Lab] Audio Spectrum display

Aurelius R maxrowsell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 09:27:50 EST 2014

Just look into ICs that do audio processing. Or even analog audio
filtering, that reduces the intensity of the audio source before hitting
the meter.

One possible method is the venerable LM3914 dot/bar display driver. You can
connect them in series, and/or in parallel to monitor different
frequencies. They actually make a special version of the LM3914 that has a
log ramp instead of linear, for audio uses. Then all you have to work out
is your analog/digital front-end

Peace, Love, Empathy

Alexander Max Rowsell