[Lab] Audio Spectrum display

Justin Slootsky justin at slootsky.org
Sun Feb 9 22:46:59 EST 2014

I've been thinking about doing something like this, but a completely
different display method (individually addressable pixels in a line,
colour to denote frequency,  or if that just works out to too close to all
white, then pixels for a frequency, and vary the intensity...  Or something)

http://m.instructables.com/id/LoL-Shield-Audio-Spectrum-VU-Meter/?ALLSTEPS

The bit that I'm wondering / worried about is that I'm planning on using
this in a very loud venue,  what microphone choices do I need to make in
order for it not to be all blown out and reading 11 the whole time?