[Lab] range finding

j ross waterfallclose at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 14:34:30 EST 2014

Some thoughts:
1) Increase timeout value
The input loop runs at the rate of the DigitalRead() but the timeout is
reached based on the number of iterations of the loop, not a fixed time.
 Try increasing the SDM_IO_TIMEOUT to something bigger like 10000.

2) Increase pulse length
The longer the pulse, the more energy you put into the air.  Ultrasonic
frequencies get attenuated quickly in air so power is important to range.
Try a pulse length of 50us instead of 10.

Hope that helps!
Jeff