[Lab] Hardware Helper for Home Automation projects?

Matthew Bells matt at mbells.ca
Sat Feb 1 16:29:23 EST 2014

I recently backed a KickStarter, which does this (Wi-Fi controlled power
strip):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/337922278/smart-power-strip-control-you
r-appliances-from-any

There are also other ones, probably more useful in the end, that are
individually controllable outlets like
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/plugaway/plugaway-your-smart-home-on-yo
ur-smart-phone , which come to ~30$ per controlled outlet.

In terms of what is available now, you could always put a few Z-Wave (or
similar) outlets into a box, though this would be expensive, bulky, ugly,
and slow... You do remind me, I should use the powerswitchtail I have for
some project.

-Matt