[Lab] [Bulk] Re: ESP8266 issues and data logger

Ken McKinnon klmckinnon at rogers.com
Sun Dec 7 15:32:15 EST 2014

Sounds like you need to add a watchdog function, something that sits
outside the main code that gets tweaked once in a while and if it
doesn't it will cause a reset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDsu8YhYn8g

The Watchdog has a separate timer that ticks over at a set rate, if it
overflows, it will force a reset.  The working code within your cycle
periodically would have to clear the WDT thereby preventing it from an
unplanned reset.

It can also be done externally.

Ken