[Lab] parol lanterns

Darcy Whyte darcy at inventorartist.com
Sun Aug 31 22:52:17 EDT 2014

Last year I made these cool lanterns for Christmas.

They look like this http://inventorartist.com/parol-gallery/

I want to do a run of them again this year and I'm looking for ideas.
Probably just a small run so I can give them to Christmas visitors and roll
them out at a couple of parties.

Last year people said they'd like to have the kits more complete.

My logic was that people already have tissue paper and I didn't want to put
it in the kits since then I'd be choosing people's colors. And if I put
random colors then people will rummage through and become indecisive.

So this year I am considering having precut tissue in the kits.

What do you think?

The other thing is to make them easier to assemble. The current version
(which I've only prototyped) looks like this:
http://inventorartist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/IMG_2223-1000.jpg
http://inventorartist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/IMG_2214-1000.jpg

Is there an easier way to put this together?

This might be a little aggressive for this year but what about having a
lighting kit? I made a couple of these last year:
http://inventorartist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/IMG_2222-1000.jpg

The thing is batteries don't get too far... I guess wall warts could be a
way to go.

If anybody wants do do a workshop for these that could be fun too. Perhaps
a version that has IR remote to control the lights...

--
Darcy Whyte

Art+ inventorArtist.com <http://inventorartist.com/> | Aviation
rubber-power.com
Contact: darcy at inventorArtist.com | 613-563-3634 by appointment (no text)