[Lab] [ORE_bits] New $5 WIFI IC

Scott Gibson scottgibson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 13:49:54 EDT 2014

I just joined and posted some info: I linked to the example code:
https://github.com/scottjgibson/esp8266/

This chip really looks really awesome; it opens the door to so many
connected applications.  There are a selection of libraries provided; it
looks like it uses the lwip stack; and includes ssl and json libraries.
I'm digging at the linker scripts now to see how much space is available
for application.  Judging by the examples this is quite a capably chip on
its own.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Richard Sloan themindfactory at gmail.com