[Lab] software that permit me to do a full scan for 3d printing

Jason Arnold arnold.jason at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 11:50:13 EDT 2014

Yes, we are a pretty cool bunch :)

Now, for the software. Sadly, as soon as the "paid" version came along,
ReconstructMe took the console version off their servers. I don't want to
redistribute a file I don't have the rights to, but here's a Google link to
those who will:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ReconstructMe+Installer+NonCommercial+405.exe&spell=1

The license is for non-commercial use, so please bear that in mind :)

What this installer will give you is a "ReconstructMe" folder at the root
of your C drive. Clicking the "ReconstructMe.exe" inside this folder won't
get you too far, you have to click on one of the .bat files to tell the
program which configuration options you want to run. The one I use is
"Start ReconstructMe Scan Highres MSKinect.bat".

At the risk of stating the obvious, you'll need either a Microsoft Kinect
or ASUS Xtion to do the scan itself. I got a Kinect on Kijiji for about $40.