[Lab] Imagine Space @ Ottawa Public Library / Centrepointe Branch

Stephen Burke steve at envirolaser.com
Fri Apr 11 11:27:56 EDT 2014

As the person responsible for the setup of the 3D printers, laser cutter and 3D scanner, I can report that the Imagine Space is close to being ready.

In addition to setting up the equipment, I have also been training the library staff.

We did some test runs on the ProJet 1500 and the library staff were very impressed with the output.  After doing the final finishing, they found that the models were virtually indistinguishable from commercially molded plastic.

The David scanner performs very well; we were able to resolve text on a hand lotion bottle.

I am back on-site today to do software installation and I will be setting up the Epilog Mini-24 laser cutter next week.

The A/V hardware and software are also amazing; this Imagine Space may be under 600 square feet in area but it is huge in technology.

It is great to be a part of this project.

Stephen Burke
Account Executive
Envirolaser Ltd.

613-619-1013 cell