[Lab] afordable printing???

aaron at ottawarobotics.org aaron at ottawarobotics.org
Thu Apr 10 11:37:08 EDT 2014

A 3D printer in the lab is worth two on Kickstarter.... Or so the saying
goes I suppose.

Its likely not a scam, but it looks to me like the initial $199 and $249
prices were there simply to drive demand and jump start the kickstarter.
That initial boost in the earnings of the kickstarter brings the rest in
at the higher prices where they actually have a chance of making some
money.

I'll be surprised if they hit their time targets though... it seems
pretty aggressive unless they already have everything sorted.

Anyhow, buying something like that on kickstarter where you can't
expected to even see it for another year is madness. There are plenty of
lower priced printers on the market already that can be bought and used
immediately. Sell that one when the kickstarter is over and the new
printer is proven.

Aaron