[Lab] A Question About Multiple Audio Devices

Anthony Scavarelli anthony.scavarelli at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 10:37:12 EDT 2014

Hi everyone, I was curious if anyone has ever used multiple microphones and/or speaker outputs for any interactive projects.

Basically I want to connect around 7-8 microphones to a computer and record from a random one at various times. I would also like to to do the same thing with multiple speakers (play sound from a random speaker at various times).

I am thinking I might need some sort of audio board and special software (maybe FMOD or Ableton) but beyond this I haven’t had much luck finding anything just yet.

Thanks for any help in advance!
Anthony