[Lab] Beagle Bone Workshop Tomorrow night!

Mike Milinkovich mike.milinkovich at eclipse.org
Wed Sep 4 14:01:27 EDT 2013

Well, I think it depends on which BeagleBone you're referring to. The
BeagleBone Black has a faster processor, and more on-board storage (2 GB vs.
SD card only) than the Raspberry Pi. It also has a newer-generation ARM
processor, so if you want to run Java it's likely a better fit. So I
actually think of the BB Black as a Raspberry Pi with a little more oomph.

I don't know much about the BeagleBone White. IIRC, that one is
well-described as filling the niche between the Arduino and the Raspberry
Pi.

That said, my BB Black just arrived, and I actually haven't done anything
with it, unlike the 4 Raspberry Pi's and two Arduino's I own :)  My goal is
to get an openHAB home automation server[1] running on it (soon to be
renamed and migrated to Eclipse Smart Home[2])

[1] https://code.google.com/p/openhab/

[2] http://eclipse.org/proposals/technology.smarthome/

Mike Milinkovich

mike.milinkovich at eclipse.org