[Lab] 3-D Printing Robot, Like a Giant 3Doodler

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:11:36 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Henri Kuschkowitz <
henri.kuschkowitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pretty cool. I have to read more into this though I wonder how toxic this
> is.

Given enough time and the right materials, I have to suppose that common
non-toxic materials such as copper, concrete and glass could be used by
machines like this to create structures. It wouldn't necessarily be as
fluid and dramatic as this machine, but given advances in material
technology we could see park bench printing robots, trash can printing
robots, pothole filling robots, we could have an army of print-bots that
could maintain public infrastructure using recyclable materials.