[Lab] Cricut & other cutters (was Re: Lab Digest, Vol 39, Issue 29)

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Tue May 28 13:57:30 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-28, at 1:47 PM, John Nicol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you looked at the Cricut?  http://www.cricut.com/home/
>
> This is a hobby machine that cuts stencils and I believe has a large format version as well.  I also saw a machine in a hobby shop in the US that was for fabric stencil creation for screen printing.  Can't remember what it was called, sorry.
>
> John

Maybe it was one of the (older) CraftROBO or (newer) Silhouette machines by Graphtec that you saw?

http://www.graphteccorp.com/craftrobo/
http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/

They tend not to be as vendor locked-in as the Cricut system with its proprietary cartridges.

Andrew.

--

"The future is already here.  It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson

Me: http://clothbot.com/wiki/