[Lab] Local source for Raspberry Pi solar panel?

Joshua Mark joshuajmark at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:24:54 EDT 2013

Here's the (comical) response.

Dear friend:
Because eBay Charge high fees ( 6.5% Closing costs ), for reduce your
payment,
So we setup high shipping costs ( part of item price in it ).
Better price go my website : www.xscyz.com or Direct sent PayPal Invoice (
use paypal payment is safe!! )
have a nice day !
- xscyz"

Seems legit? At least he was upfront about putting the cost of the product
on shipping fees. The site doesn't exist right now but the google cache at
least shows something used to.

Barry pointed me towards this handy thing -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390594859798

I'll need something for overcharge protection and that looks like it could
work. It also lists the model number for a lithium polymer AA battery as
 "18650".

I would trust the specs from Solar Pocket
Factory<http://solarpocketfactory.com/>more though and might just go
with them.