[Lab] The Big Plan - Chris B

Kirk Sutherland kirk.sutherland at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 00:33:59 EDT 2013

Hi Chris,

I had a chance to try out the visual aspect of what you are describing on a
Raspberry Pi and it was pleasantly easy! The code was written in Python on
a stock install of the operating system 'Rasbian', I simply turned on the
Pi, wrote the code and ran it - didn't have to install anything else!

The code displays 5 'breaths', each cycle lasts 2 seconds going from black
to full white. If you had the Pi connected to a projector as your 'light' I
believe this could work nicely. There are some artifacts as the colour
changes because I am simply refreshing the screen really fast, but if you
have you canvas to act as a diffuser I don't think you would see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjOoXHBC5Ic<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjOoXHBC5Ic&feature=youtube_gdata_player>

Have you picked your sensor yet?

Cheers!

Kirk