[Lab] smt low and high power LEDs - brightness

Andrew O'Malley aomalley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 13:25:30 EDT 2013

The first LEDs describe sound more like they're intended as
indicator/status lights, as opposed to latter which would be more suited to
ambient or task lighting.   Depends if the fixture is going to be
decorative or actually be used to give off useable light to replace other
general light sources.

Working from LED specs alone is tricky, I'd suggest you order a few samples
to see how they look in person.

You probably will need to follow the heatsink guidelines for the larger
LEDs, there should be info about the requirements in the datasheet.

Cheers,
Andrew

Message: 1