[Lab] Kinect Scanning

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 21:42:21 EDT 2013

   Hey James (or anyone who was there), what was the software you were
using to capture Kinect data to meshes?
   I've got a Processing script and Meshlab working, but it seems like it
should be easier. :) There's a real mess of tools being developed right now
- it's kindof the wild west right. Crazy!

   The new MS Kinect SDK has "Kinect Fusion", which looks like an
out-of-the-box mesh generator, but I'm not super familiar with C# -
something fun to play with if you're an experienced windows developer.

   -Jason Cobill