[Lab] Artengine's Free Open Workshop

Britta Evans-Fenton technical at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 9 11:00:31 EDT 2013

Inkscape is one of our key modlab tools for preparing laser-cutter pdfs.
One of the advantages of Inkscape is that it is open source, and readily
extensible through scripting.  Depending on the project, scripting can be
used to save lots of time when preparing your cutting template.  I am
relatively new to both the laser cutter and Inkscape, but I have some neat
projects in mind which will require scripting extensions.  This open
workshop will cover a basic introduction to extending Inkscape, summarizing
some of the recent things I have learned.  Examples will be discussed,
along with where to find all of the resources you'd need to get started.
If we have time, we may end off with a bit of an "inspirational showcase"
of cool projects other people have done for data visualization, which I
think could be implemented on the laser cutter in the future.

WHEN: Thursday July 11th 2013, 7PM-9PM
WHERE: in M70 Lab
WHY: because information wants to be free!

sign up at http://scripting-inkscape-eorg.eventbrite.ca/

For more information please contact Britta at technical at artengine.ca

Britta
*Technical Coordinator *