[Lab] NFC tags

Daniel McCarney daniel at binaryparadox.net
Thu Nov 8 12:05:04 EST 2012

NFC tags are a lot of fun! I've been using them in conjunction with Android
to act as toggle switches.

If you're looking for alternatives to Kimtag.com I ordered my stickers
from: http://nfctags.tagstand.com/#type-2-nfc-stickers At the time $1 a
sticker was pretty competitive. Shipping to Ottawa was ~2 weeks.

- Dan

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Michael Lechasseur <mlecha at artengine.ca>wrote:

> Just discovered physical NFC tags, which you could use with an NFC enabled
> phone to have it do/not do stuff. (Turn Wifi on when you get home without
> running Wifi all day draining your battery, go into Airplane mode when bed
> side so that it doesn't radiate your head all night long etc..)
>
> Let me know if you have any spare tags to sell, or I'll order a few in the
> next couple of days.
>
> eg: http://kimtag.com/k/cat/1/nfc_**stickers<http://kimtag.com/k/cat/1/nfc_stickers>
>
> Fun stuff.
>
> Oh, they have NFC wristbands. Surely the Bluesfest ones must be encrypted
> somehow and not be easily cloned? Hmm..
>
> http://kimtag.com/k/item/67/**nfc_products_nfc_wristband<http://kimtag.com/k/item/67/nfc_products_nfc_wristband>
>
> Michael

:: Daniel McCarney