[Lab] Custom CNC for Plywood Parts

Vinko Culjak Mathieu vinko.culjak at live.com
Wed Jun 13 09:21:19 EDT 2012

Hello all,

For the past few weeks I’ve been looking into building a book scanner and I found a wonderful community at diybookscanner.org. They’ve built many different book scanners that work wonderfully and the founder/creator of the community, Daniel Reetz, has designed an Open Hardware book scanner whose parts can be cut out from a single sheet of plywood on a CNC machine. I’m very interested in building this scanner but unfortunately I don’t have access to a CNC machine. So, I’m hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to someone else that does have a CNC machine for plywood in the Ottawa West area (Kanata, Nepean). One of Daniel’s goals is to have one of these book scanners in every hackerspace. I believe this would be a great project to do and awesome to have at the ModLab for anyone to use. If anyone is interested in this, please let me know.

Take care,
Vinko