[Lab] paint it up

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Sat Feb 25 04:52:46 EST 2012

There is a program with the city to do something with murals. Anybody want
to get involved? I think we could make a large drawing robot using spray
paint. I think it would be fun and exposure to robotics might have some
impact on the kids.

/////////////////////

Paint It Up! Program applications are now available / Les formulaires
d’inscription au programme À vos pinceaux! sont à présent disponibles

Paint It Up! Program applications are now available

Local organizations interested in working with youth to create murals in
neighbourhoods’ experiencing high rates of graffiti vandalism can apply for
funding through the Paint It Up! Program.

A partnership between the City and Crime Prevention Ottawa, the Paint It
Up! Program was established as an enhancement to the City’s Graffiti
Management Strategy. The Program provides $50,000 annually to fund projects
that promote graffiti prevention and neighbourhood beautification through
engaging community groups and at-risk youth in the development of murals in
areas experiencing a high incidence of graffiti vandalism.

Applications for the 2012 edition of the Paint It Up! Program are available
on the Crime Prevention Ottawa website or by calling 613-580-2424, ext.
22454. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 4 p.m.

Public Information Sessions will be held for the Paint it Up! Program and
interested parties are encouraged to register by calling 613-580-2424 ext.
22454.