[Lab] Interesting project on Kickstarter

bentfork at gmail.com bentfork at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 11:05:40 EST 2012

There are a number of interesting 'word clocks' out there.  The one on
Instructables (and http://www.dougswordclock.com/components.html ) is a
simpler and lower resolution design.

I made contact with the group.  They are willing to sell the boards for $25
a piece.  I've had a few people interested in them.  So far I think
ordering 10 of them would be worth while based on the feedback ive had.

I think they may be releasing the gerber/schematics.  I know we've got some
pcb gurus in the group.  *Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get the
boards made If we can find the design?  *The group says they are making a
open hardware design, so it should be doable.  I've never sent any boards
out myself so I've no idea how to cost a board, or the actual dimensions of
the kickstarter board.  I think it may be about 20cm x 20cm or so.