[Lab] what's an ipod touch weigh?

bentfork at gmail.com bentfork at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:06:45 EDT 2011

I'm tempted to see if I can inflate a balloon fast enough to make it never
reach the ground ;)  According to wikipedia (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifting_gas#Hydrogen_versus_helium) ...

the buoyant mass for one m3 of hydrogen in air is:

>    - 0.090 kg * (1 - (1.292 / 0.090) ) = -1.202 kg

A standard touch seems to weigh about 100g

www.apple.com/*ipodtouch*/specs.html

Quote of the 'rules'

> CONSTRAINTS
>
> The sky is the limit with your designs but you have to keep the following
> constraints in mind:
>
>    - Freefall means *free fall* so it's gotta be graceful. There can be no
>    external forces affecting the device or the drop won't qualify. This means
>    no spinning, launching, or aggressively tethering the device. *No
>    parachutes.*
>

>    - Fall height. We'll be dropping these preservers from *way way up*, so
>    be prepared for fall heights upwards of 140 feet.

This may be a lot of fun