[Lab] Power Supply Suggestions

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Thu Sep 15 07:31:26 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:34:26AM -0400, Jonathan Rudenberg wrote:
> I just received a bunch of RGB LED modules that draw a peak of 0.75
> watts @ 12V each. I'm going to be using a bunch of them, so I'll need
> a power supply that can handle at least 50W. I know I can pull this
> off with a standard ATX power supply, but does anyone have suggestions
> for something more compact?

There are lots of switching power supplies in wall warts or ones the
size of laptop power supplies now that are 12v.  I've seen some that are
4.5A at 12V which would give over the 50W you seek.

> Also, I'll probably have a few extra LED modules, so let me know if
> you're interested. They are waterproof and LPD6803-based, so you can
> drive as many as you want with two pins on an Arduino.

I'd be interested...

> Jonathan

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!