[Lab] Laser

bentfork at gmail.com bentfork at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:49:22 EDT 2011

Getting a good greyscale scale images take a lot of playing around to get
correct.  It is hard to adjust the contrast to make the image show up
correctly depending on the material.  I tend to use photoshop filters to
create a high b/w image with my own dithering applied.

When I'm testing new materials I have a checker board test pattern that I
use when I'm testing new materials.  (I'll have to remember to copy it and
some of my other cool patterns the next time I'm over at the lab.)

The basic pattern I use is a 2x10 cm grid, going from 100 black to 5% black
in 5 percent increments.

100, 90, 80, ... 20, 10
  95, 85, 75, ...15,   5

This works well when trying to find the right power/speed for rastering
images.