[Lab] fuud

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Sun Oct 30 15:50:34 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 01:38:11PM -0400, Darcy Whyte wrote:
> Say, where's a nice place to eat near the lab?
>
> The burgers at the pub on Rideau (not the Pour House but the one on the
> South right by Rideau) are awesome but are like 13 bucks. There is that
> Shwarma place if you go down to Dalhousie and Rideau and go about 60 paces
> East. I've had that like 5 times. The hotel across has a cafe/dinner but it
> sucked big time last time I tried it.
>
> What else is in the neighborhood?

This is certainly the richest area of the city in terms of food choices.

There are a number of decent indian food restaurants in the area, in
particular, Cafe Shafali on the west side of Dalhousie (between York and
Clarence?) as well as their lunch counter in the market building.  There
are a number of other good lunch counters in the market building.  There
are a couple of thai restaurants, both on the west side of Dalhousie,
one between Rideau and George and another between Clarence and Murray?
There is Cafe Ahora in the basement on the east side of Dalhousie
between York and Clarence.  There's a great deli on the south side of
George west of William.  We have lost Nate's, unfortunately.  :(
There's a Royal Oak on Laurier between King Edward and Cumberland.

I would completely avoid the food court in the Rideau Centre since there
are lots of choices of real food in the area.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!