[Lab] DSP

Tom Burns tom.i.burns at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:52:18 EDT 2011

Hi Jean-Marc,

A microprocessor is too underpowered for realtime DSP.

I've done a bit before just writing to WAVE files directly to play with
ideas.

The guys from audiodamage are flirting with an idea for a beagleboard +
LCD/interface in a box that can load sound modules.

They'll also be providing the code so that you have to write one function
that gets passed the input signal and returns the output signal.

There's no target release date for this box yet but it should bring hardware
DSP to the masses for around $500.

Tom