[Lab] Maker Bot Extrusion Issue

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Sat Nov 19 17:47:35 EST 2011

Hey Ryan,

When you start a print, it usually moves the nozzle up to Z=+10mm and extrudes a noodle to get the plastic flowing, then sends the nozzle back to Z=0.

When running from the SD card, it doesn't pause between the noodle and returning back to Z=0 to start the build.  You have to be ready with tweezers or pliers to pull the noodle out of the way.

220C should be the right temperature.

Andrew.