[Lab] ORE Bots

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Tue May 17 23:18:35 EDT 2011

Well just ran into some problems tonight... I think I need some filtering
caps on my sensors... My range finder is calibrated, but doing very strange
things...

Also my line followers I setup to be polled by the digital io out pins on
the arduino (wanted to keep the i2c port free, only leaving me 4 analog in
ports, so I wired 3 of them directly, and setup 5 more as polled inputs,
using a digital IO to power the vcc on the sensor, and reading back the
output... But either the digital out isn't able to source the current for
the sensor, or I suspect the sensors wired to ground without a vcc are
acting as a pulldown, basically pulling the output to zero regardless of
which one is energized...

I might have to add an actual multiplexer to my circuit...

I'll bring the bot in regardless, and with some tuning might be able to get
it in the ring, but I might have been a bit premature with my "challenge"
lol...

Although any tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated lol... I'm kind of
rushing this together and I'm suffering for it now. I'll bring along a paper
copy of the schematic as well in case that helps.

- Paul