[Lab] Touch sensitive/reactive windows

bentfork at gmail.com bentfork at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:20:22 EDT 2011

Interesting project.  So many possibilities.

Have you considered Frustrated Total Internal Reflection (FTIR)? It's
been used with rear projection multi touch displays.  You may have
enough space to mount the IR cameras on the inside for sensing.

http://www.touchfactors.com/
and
http://cs.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirsense/

The pros are you'd not need to wire up each window.
The cons are, you want the display to be back lit.  But if y ou use IR
illumination, then switch to colour illumination this may not be a
problem.