[Lab] aerial photography

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Thu Jun 2 11:19:59 EDT 2011

I want to take pictures of Squirrel model airplanes while they are flying
but from above. Also some dolly shots from behind the plane while it's
flying.

Anybody have a helicopter that can carry a camera? If not, I'm game to make
a helicopter. If I do this, I'd like to make it autonomous. Perhaps to
follow a beacon mounted on the plane. I guess, I'd need to be able to tell
the copter to return if it follows the Squirrel into trouble. I suppose a
second beacon could be used (or the machine could remember it's starting
point).

I think this would be a good project to get into this sort of robotics.

Any ideas where to start?