[Lab] Introduce Myself

Bruce bsharding at rogers.com
Sun Jul 3 20:48:13 EDT 2011

Yes the basic job of a controller is to remove dew.  We use what are called
heat straps.  They can be like the commercial ones from Kendrick.com or or
home brewed ones made of resistors. Typically we try to heat our mirrors, eye
pieces, finder and/or spotting scope.

As you are well aware the Ottawa valley is quite prone to humidty.  At night
once the air cools to the dew point that moisture collects on very thing in
the form of dew or in the winter it can be frost.

My present controller is very basic.  It can cycle the power on or off using
using a Texas Instrument IC. has four RCA jacks.

What I would want from a new controller is temperature and humidity sensing.

The controller must minimize power consumption by using  temperature and
humidity sensor data to calculate the optimium amount of power to draw to
achieve a dew or frost free mirrors and etc.

The controller must be able to display this information in some comprehensible
fashion.  The system must function perfectly for +30 C to -20 C.  It must have
6 to 8 RCA Jack

Bonus points for a data logger that can store this above information for later
retrieval either by USB cable or via bluetooth.

So this is as close to my above wishlist as I could get.
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/63-597-0-0-1-0.html