[Lab] photography: dSLR and SLR

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Mon Jan 10 21:28:41 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 07:52:52PM -0500, Darcy Whyte wrote:
> One of my project is to get a camera running the CHDK operating system.
> http://mambohead.com/2010/12/time-lapse-photography-and-chdk/
>
> As you can see by the project post, I have managed to get a Cannon A720 and
> get it running. I've not shot any time lapse or motion control with it yet
> but will soon!
>
> But I just learned that you can get some open source software running on
> their more elaborate dSLR cameras. That project is called Magic Lantern (as
> you can see by the update at the bottom of the post.
>
> Anybody have any experience with those cameras or the Magic Lantern project?

I have run magic lantern on my Canon 5D mark II.

It was pretty interesting and worked pretty well, but I'm waiting for
their updates to catch up with Canon firmware updates.

The things I liked most about it was the ability to over ride the audio
AGC (Automatic Gain Control) and the VU meters.

I see there are now updates from both Canon (2.0.8) and Magic Lantern
(0.1.9) since I last checked in early fall.  Thanks for the remider...

I'd like to see them add voice annotation to it since the hardware is
all there.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!